Saturday, 21 July 2012

Matalan [cheap home ideas] top 12

There's a lot of you dolls who have moved into your own house with friends, on your own or with a partner, who have been asking me where to get nice house bits and bobs for not a lot of money.

Unfortunately, I haven't discovered a secret cheap shop that sells everything you want for £1 but what I have learnt is that you need to put snobbery aside as when youre young you cant have the best of everything, especially first time round.

I buy the majority of my staple home items from big Supermarkets, Primark, TK Maxx and more recently Matalan.

I have always been reluctant to shop in Matalan because I have had poor experiences in there - braindead slow staff, horrendous music, no changing rooms... but since I have had my own house I have looked upon Matalan differently, more favourably! Their clothes may not be up to much but their homeware section is amazing, and so so reasonable!

I want to share with you a few of their bargains (everything is less than £10) and this is only a small selection! Some of these items I own myself, and some I have just seen and thought are lovely.

Vintage heavy looking metal effect candle holder - £10

Retro funky, bright kitchen clock - £8

'Home Sweet Home' floral doormat - £5

Vintage 'Walls' Ice-Cream van cushion - £2

Vintage chic 'Paris' door hanger with butterfly/floral pattern - £6

Distressed blue 'Beach House' sign for bathrooms - £5

Nautical inspired 'Sunny Days' print - £4

Floral 'Bath' freestanding sign - £6

3x beach sun/sea/sand prints - £5

Union Jack charter plate perfect for themed dinner parties - £2

4x fairycake topped teaspoons - £6 (NEW IN)

Moroccan style large plastic wineglass, perfect for drinking in the garden - £1

I hope you have enjoyed some of these Matalan bargains - there is so much more besides if you visit the shops.

Happy home shopping!!

x Hols x

5 comments:

  1. Madeleine Quested24 July 2012 at 01:10

    Wow love the candlestick holder would go well in my bedroom. And I've already got that doormat love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My partner and I absolutely love your blog and find almost all of your
    post's to be just what I'm looking for. Do you offer guest writers to write content to suit your needs?
    I wouldn't mind creating a post or elaborating on a lot of the subjects you write in relation to here. Again, awesome web log!
    Here is my web blog ... terragay.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy! This post could not be written much better! Going through this article reminds me of
    my previous roommate! He always kept preaching about this.
    I most certainly will forward this post to him.
    Pretty sure he's going to have a very good read. Thank you for sharing!

    Feel free to surf to my blog; wiki.raumenergiewiki.de
    my page > help quit smoking

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seldom leave comments, however after looking at a few of the
    responses on "Matalan [cheap home ideas] top 12". I actually do
    have a few questions for you if it's allright. Is it only me or do some of the remarks come across as if they are written by brain dead individuals? :-P And, if you are writing at other social sites, I would like to follow you. Could you list of every one of your social community pages like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?

    Here is my website - money online answering

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello so sorry for the ridiculously late reply I have not been on my blog in forever as started a new job! Yes I am happy for guest bloggers to elabroate on what I have said or just to input their own ideas please let me know. I have a blog facebook profile which I use, you can find that at www.facebook.com/hollybeautyqueen :)

    ReplyDelete